Friday, February 5, 2016

REVIEW: Me Before You By Jojo Moyes



REVIEW: Me Before You By JoJo Moyes

15507958
Series: Me Before You Series
Published By: Pamela Dorman Books/Viking
Genres: Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Format: E-Book
Pages:  369 pages
Synopsis (from Goodreads
Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows
they're going to change the other for all time.

          “You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.” - Jojo Moyes
Literally me right now.

              I honestly don't even know what to do with myself right now. I'm just in a terrible and an emotional mess right now. The tears are still rolling down my cheeks. I honestly, would of never picked up this book if it weren't for the upcoming movie coming out. I actually quite enjoyed the beginning of it and that ending though!!! Although, I found myself bored often throughout the book. I love the moments between Lou and Will. I didn't really have much interest for the other stuff. I feel like there weren't actually weren't that many moments where there was just Lou and Will. I wanted more!!! Also, Lou's boyfriend really irked me. Like, just go already. Let Will and Lou be together!! ;P

         This is a book about a man, Will, whose life, one morning, turns completely upside down. I can't remember all the information about it but, after a car accident, he now has to spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair. He can't be left alone for a long period of time, and needs 24/7 care. When all hope is lost of a recovery, so does his desire of living. That's where Lou plays into the story. After the place she works at shuts down, she needs to hurry to find a job to help provide for her family. A job comes in for in need of a carer. She gets the job, and meets Will Traynor. He is rude, sad, and depressed. She has six months to pretty much give him a reason to live. To see what's out there and to show him that he can have a happy life and to not let the chair he is confined in, define who he is and how he should live.
            
            I would probably give this book like 3.5 stars. The writing style of Jojo Moyes didn't really cut it out for me. I was kind of bored through some of the book but, there was many moments that I was captivated by it. I definitely recommend that you read this book! Even though there were some boring parts, it was a REALLY good read that will make you sob like crazy. All I can say is that I can't wait to see the movie!

Check out the trailer for the movie!! ;D

This book was also part of my 2016 Contemporary Challenge!
 4 down, 11 more to go!


Thanks for reading!
If you would like to see more of my reviews in the future, you can follow on either via email or Bloglovin!;D


2 comments:

  1. I'm listening to this audio right now. I'm about 75% through. I am enjoying it and dying to know how it ends after reading your review. If it wasn't audio I would skip to end and read the final chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that was literally me when I was reading the book! Have a box of tissues on standby! You're going to need them!

      Delete